5 pointz

by - 12:18 AM

Hello sweets!

Today I ran many errands. It's been such a busy month for me, It's intense. A lot of good events have been going on though so I'm always glad to report that.

I stopped by 5 pointz. It's buildings in Long Island City in Queens that have been rented to artist through the years. The buildings are popular because they're showered in graffiti. This is valuable graffiti, not dumb kids ruining the streets... This is ART. I heard the buildings are going to be closed and there's going to be a shopping center replacing it. USUALLY, I am all for shopping, obviously, But this is art... a form of expression... a beautiful, unique place and it's a shame to see it go.

Wearing Material Girl dress and studded gold belt, Hot-Topic Jeans, Alice and Olivia for Payless, Dooney and Bourke wrist-let.

I'm loving the Material Girl collection. There's always something that catches my eye and I have a million and one ideas for styling it.





Toodles,

Xo Nubia Xo

Also, ENTER MY TWIST AND POUT GIVEAWAY HERE. I'll be ending it Thursday. P.S. Support My Blog: Follow my blog on Google Reader here or on BlogLovin here. Follow me on Twitter to keep up with more of my Nonsense here. Subscribe to NubTube (My YouTube Channel) here

You May Also Like

19 comments

  1. Gorgeous gorgeous dress and I love the mix of colors! Looking stunning as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous as always. Your waist looks sooo tiny here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too bad they are closing it down! I love the murals. Can you give me some details on where it's located in Queens? I would love to do a photo shoot outside! I'm loving the graffitti walls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm actually liking this jean/skirt combo. it looks great on you

    its sucks that they are turnig that into a shopping area. it looks like a cool place.

    XX
    Vi from Cali

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bottom part of the dress!

    -B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your sweet comment on our blog! I was just checking out you recent posts and you have very fun style. I love you use of color, like the red jeans here are great! Plus gorgeous shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really cool post. I've heard about this graffiti spot but I've never been. Guess I should get there soon before its a shopping mall. love your outfit too those shoes are FIYAH

    xoxo Monroe

    Fashion Steele NYC

    ReplyDelete
  8. How can I start to explain how much I love this?
    The sunglasses are A~mazingly perfect, you rock a tutu like no one's business, red jeans!, and that denim jacket...it's like you scooped up all the best parts of the 80's and rolled them into an "of the moment" look!
    True Material Girl style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are fabulous! I love the tutu. I love the grit and beauty of graffiti. I've found some super sweet areas cover in it. I hope they stay that way until I can find someone to take photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! and you do look like a true material girl in that outfit :-)

    Enter my Giveaway!

    http://jannsboutique.blogspot.com/2011/04/grand-opening-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun post! Love it Girl of the Month :) Falling more and more with your style by day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great look and outfits! U Rockkkkk :)
    I like the red touch'

    http://dablacksjp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this fantastic location. This summer (hopefully) if I can take breaks in-between my grueling study sessions, I hope to scout out some fun new locations to post on my blog.

    The Queen of Hearts

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cool outfit! Love the tutu, love the belt, love the jolt of red!!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. hats hats hats!! love them....trynna build my collection now =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're lucky, it seems there isn't a hat that doesn't look amazing on you! I would have wanted to take them all home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The phun factory...most definitely a Queens landmark...Love ur outfit..so cute and flirty.

    A fellow Queens girl...Infinite Stylez

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this outfit!!!!
    It looks perfect :D
    The black dress with red pants
    Love it!

    http://anhourafteryesterday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just spent the morning reading old posts in ur blog. Love your style girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Leave a comment and I will try my best to get back to you!

Xo Nubia