Bill Plympton's 'Your Face' Couch Gag Airing on The Simpsons Tonight!

by - 2:54 PM



Tonights 'Couch Gag' on The Simpsons is going to be extra fun for me because... it's by one of my favorite animators Bill Plympton! I can't stop playing it over & over. It's a great piece of surreal art and kind of mesmerizing.
Animation has changed so much over the years but, I'm always blown away by Plympton's work. He's my 'little black dress' of animation... never goes out of style. 

Another magical element of this "The Simpsons" Couch Gag, is that Plympton's paying homage to his 1987 Oscars nominated short "Your Face". 

See The Simpsons version of "Your Face" as well as the original version below. I enjoyed watching Homer's face become completely distorted going inside and out, twisting and turning, decapitated, and more. 





 Original Below

   

I'm still crossing my fingers that Plympton will have his own show on network TV sometime soon. Enjoy.

Cheers! 

Xo Nubia XO

You May Also Like

0 comments