Stella Takes Time For Sports. Vogue Japan June 2017

by - 11:05 PM



Hello Nubians, 

The Joy of Dressing is an Art - John Galliano


I love sharing editorials from Vogue Japan. They're always so colorful, bold and animated. Fashion Editor and Stylist Anna Dello Russo has been killing it! Also, one of my favorite models as of late to follow is Stella Maxwell. This lady just can't take a bad photo and has so much natural flair and grace. She looks gorgeous in everything. Remember the homage she did for Edie Sedgwick for Vogue Brazil in May? Swoooon! A model has to change the way she looks, acts, and poses for almost every editorial for reasons such as the personality of the brand/clothing or the change of scenery. In this sense, it's almost like the beginning stages of being an actress I'd suppose. That's how I look at it at least and Stella does it magnificently.  

This editorial was shot by talented photographer Giampaolo Sgura, styled by Anna Dello Russo, hair by Andrew Guida & makeup by Andrew Guida. 



On another note, I remember when I first started blogging, I would do interviews for websites and magazines once in a blue and the #1 question I would get asked is "How would you describe your style?".  It was always very difficult for me to answer this because I was in my early 20s and I was constantly changing. I also never stuck to an era or specific look like some people tend to do. I would do it all, high heels and glam or the next day I could be sporty spice. I would often answer "Chameleon" because of my ability to change with ease. Identifying your style is difficult. It will keep evolving your whole life, especially if you work in a creative field and get influenced by culture around you. If I had to answer this today however, I would say athleisure with a twist. Pretty much exactly what you see in this editorial. I get inspired by color therapy and cartoons. I'm quite animated. That is the type of fashion/style I want to live in. Though it's laid back, if you do it right it's glamorous in it's own right, especially for a New York City born and raised girl like me. 

If I had to give anyone tips on developing their own unique style I would say: Ditch the rules and trust your instincts. Most importantly be fearless, because the fearless individuals are the leaders & taste-makers of the world. 


Dying over these sneakers... the book bag... the coat...everything.





Be free. 





Hope these super fun editorial inspired you to go out and buy something maybe you wouldn't sometime soon. 

Cheers! 

Xo Nubia Xo

You May Also Like

0 comments