Homage To Edie Sedgwick: Stella Maxwell For Vogue Brazil May 2017.

by - 2:15 AM

(The real Edie Sedgwick above)

Hey Nubians, 

It's not that I'm rebelling. It's that I'm just trying to find another way. -Edie Sedgwick

Remember Edie Sedgwick? She was a socialite, model, actress and a muse to many during the 1960's. Some people know her best for the work she did with infamous artist Andy Warhol. She seemed very free-spirited and like she had a little rebel within. She's been a fashion muse to many people I know over the years. I always liked the photos she modeled in which is one of the reasons I love Stella Maxwell channeling her for Vogue Brazil. It's a stunning editorial that makes my mind travel back to a different era I could have only imagined living in. Probably wish I lived in really... glamorous, yet simpler times when art and fashion meant something different. If I had a time machine, without a shadow of a doubt I would live in the 60's. 


Enjoy this fun editorial of Stella Maxwell for Vogue Brazil photographed by Giampaolo Sgura. Stylist Pedro Sales did a great job styling the 60's inspired looks using designers pieces from Marc Jacobs, Rodarte, Elie Saab, Saint Laurent, Tommy Hilfiger & more.  I loved the makeup done by Fulvia Farolfi, particularly the bold eyes which also remind me of another iconic model from the 60's Twiggy. The hair was on point as well which was done by Franco Gobbi.  








Cheers! 

Xo Nubia Xo 

You May Also Like

0 comments