Get Ready For Syfy's 'Cosplay Melee' Competition Show!

by - 10:50 PM

So Have You Watched Project Runway? This Is The Cosplay, Geek Loving Version!


I'm a big fan of cosplay and have been cosplaying for a few years now. I even wrote an article about how much I love going to Comic Con and dressing up as characters I like from Dc Comics, Marvel Comics, Video games & more. I'm also a big fan of the DIY (Do It Youself) community. For this reason I'm super excited about Syfy's 'Cosplay Melee' Competition series. I think cosplay has affected peoples lives in a magnificent way and broken plenty of people out of bubbles. It's such a supportive, fun, positive, community in my experience. 


When it comes to making your own costumes though... it's not my strongest point personally. Not yet at least. I usually thrift items and need help from my friends sewing. I do however have some friends that AMAZE me with what they make from scratch. Much, much respect to them. I wish I could make my own stuff. I know I probably can but I don't always have the time to set aside. Knowing me I would have to start right now to have my New York Comic Con outfit ready for October ha ha. 

Anyway, let's talk more about Syfy's 'Cosplay Melee' Competition Show. I think it sounds quite wonderful & Intriguing. It reminds me a lot of project runway for obvious reasons. I like that you get to see a bunch of creative costumes being built from the ground up. I'm also looking forward to learning more about the individuals behind the craft. Why did they start building costumes? What comicbooks or video games are they obsessed with? What are their secrets for killer costume construction and what mistakes are they going to make. Who's having the meltdown? All of these shows usually have DRAMA haha so we'll se how this plays out.  I'm sure all of us fellow cosplayers will learn a lot of cool tricks & tips by watching a show like this that we can apply to our own creations. 

The series will be hosted by Yvette Nicole Brown which is a super geek girl herself and I remember her from shows such as The Walking Dead, Community, and Once Upon a Time to name a few. There will be 4 cosplayers competing and getting down and dirty every week battling for a prize of $10,000.


“Cosplay is passion, artistry, engineering and theater all rolled into one,” said Heather Olander, Senior Vice President, Alternative Development and Production at USA/Syfy. “At the intersection of the maker world and fandom, the incredible artists of COSPLAY MELEE will blow your minds with their transformational creations.”


“As a huge fan of the creativity cosplayers bring to their craft, nothing makes me happier than having a front row seat for the amazing creations set to hit the COSPLAY MELEE runway,” said host Brown. “These talented artists are going to shine!”

Enjoy The Trailer Below! 


Do you'll think you'll be watching? Looks like these cosplayers ain't playing!

Cheers! 

Xo Nubia Xo
Follow the Nubia Network for more of what I'm up to. Instagram/Twitter/Youtube/Facebook


You May Also Like

0 comments