Bold Brows and Fun Colors!

by - 4:59 PM

Once upon a time I used to get my brows threaded by some lovely middle eastern women. They were very pleasant, fast, and gave my eyebrows a nice shape. HOWEVER, Dun dun dun (horror music) In order for them to achieve this nice shape... I slowly but surely noticed they were thinning out my eyebrows. By the time I really realized it, It was too late. I stopped going to the threading ladies and went through a strange werewolf-like phase where I let my brows grow back. It took a few weeks and it wasn't pretty. The moral of this story is: Threading women aren't evil. I'd like to think of it more like you have to be VERY specific with what you want. My mistake was I didn't stick to one lady I kept switching like some sort of brow whore. If I ever went back I'd choose one lady and stay loyal.

Anywho, I love thick brows. They give the face character and definition. Maybe not everyone is a fan or feels that they can pull them off but they're absolutely to my liking. I always look at everyone's eyebrows... Is that weird? haha Brow Stalker! Like you have beautiful eye......brows =). I think colored brows are rad and should be used a lot more. I've seen a lot of European blogs where people will literally go and dye there eyebrows. I thought that was a bit bizarre for me being that I would only want colored brows for specific occasions. I read a post on Glamour's Young and Posh where Christina from TropRouge filled in her brows with color (shadow) and It worked nicely. I wanted to try it our for myself and share it with you. Also, this can be washed right off so I don't have to walk around with it until it grows out.

I've made a video and included photos as well. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

The brow O.G's (Original Gangsters or .... Girls, whatever)
Audrey Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor Marilyn Monroe, Susan Cabot

Here you can see that I have one brow filled in dark brown with my Bare Minerals Auburn powder and the other is filled in with a blue-ish color from an Urban Decay palette.

No matter what color you pick... BOLD is awesome!

So yeah... Coolness conquered. Spring/Summer fun! It is currently Sunday evening and I'm off to spend some quality time with my Lover.

Toodles,

Like NubiasNonsense? Follow me on Google here and BlogLovin here. Check out my YouTube-Nubtube here. Follow me on Twitter to know what I'm up to here. You Rock. That is all. Good day!

You May Also Like

15 comments

  1. I love brows and love mine thick. I don't know about colored brows though. I used to get mine threaded, but prefer wax for some reason. I guess threading kind of was thinning them out.... Your brows are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thick eyebrows are beautiful! On other people, but not me lol. You seriously can rock those colored brows, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brows definitely give the face character. I wish mine were thicker but they refuse to grow that way.

    -B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing wrong with bold eyebrows! I hate really really thin ones that you can't even see!

    Shasie
    Live Life in Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOh Elizabeth Taylor is ROCKING those brows. You too! Thanks for the comment.

    http://throughmyaiz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your brows! looks so cool. great look.

    http://styleaccordingtome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE thick eyebrows. They suit my face best. I have been seeing a lot of the colored brows around. It is a great trend for a party! Never tried thredding but always wanted to. I just get mine waxed for shape and I maintain them with plucking until I get another wax. I do notice that sometimes the wax causes some irritation (bumps) and I HATE that! Thanks for sharing and for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like thick eyebrows, as well. Well, not necessarily thick, but I really DONT like the pencil thin eyebrows! They look alien-esque!

    You have a really cool blog, I like it. Very original.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Actually, I have been reading that 80s brows are making a comeback. Of course people go wax-crazy, tweezer-crazy, and thread-crazy because women are told to look like a celeb. Just my take. But I am happy to know that some women (like those commenting) are thinking about what brow shape suits their face. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. although I'm not sure I'd color mine in, I am a HUGE fan of big, thick, strong brows. I think your brows now are strong and not overly thin, btw

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, mine have always been pretty thick, so just need to grow them back again! :o)
    Great post!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. biggest most important rule ever...if you do anything at all, let it be your brows! go big or go home! Audrey does the bold brow best, thanks for sharing!

    http://truequeen.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love a bold brow! I stopped getting mine waxed because they always made it too thin, I just occasionally clean up the airs with tweezers. I also fill mine in for a bolder look with bareMinerals powder!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i was doing the bold brow thing two years ago. i realized it was costly as far as keeping all that makeup . lol . but im dying to do it again for a night!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Leave a comment and I will try my best to get back to you!

Xo Nubia