Movie Review: Buried

by - 4:38 PM

Buried: Directed by Rodrigo Cortés
Over the weekend I saw Buried for the first time and I must say it was horrendous. Actually, The movie was absolutely fascinating. It was terrifying because you are stuck with him in a wooden coffin throughout the whole movie.

Ryan Reynolds plays the role of Paul Conroy a U.S. contractor working in Iraq. His crew gets attacked by a group of Iraqis and when he wakes up he's in a coffin. Director Ridrigo Cortes is brilliant. Despite the fact that once or twice I was thinking "omg is he really going to be in a damn coffin the whole movie" it was very well scripted. I suffer from a bit of anxiety and claustrophobia myself and I was literally taking deep breaths in some of the movie scenes.

Ryan Reynolds shows pure and raw emotions in the film. He shows every emotion possible really: Fear, loneliness, panic, happiness, depression, acceptance. He has these face expressions that one would hope to never see on a man anywhere near me. I hope Reynolds gets some sort of recognition for this film. I always saw him as a romantic comedy kind of actor but he nailed this role in an admirable manner.

I don't want to give too much away from the film but Paul Conroy (Reynolds) had a cellphone with him in the coffin among other supplies. When he tried to reach out for help, it's insane the reactions some people had. You would think some one would be nervous and rush for help but you'll have to see for yourself what goes on. My belief as well as many others, is that the film is trying to show us that the U.S does not go all the way for it's soldiers and it rather protect it's reputation. But who knows, right?

This is one of those films that when you watch it at night, You're still thinking about it in the morning AND THAT MY FRIENDS IS WHAT MAKES A FILM GREAT.

Check out the trailer if you'd like. Enjoy


To end things on a brighter note, Aren't these the cutest darn things!?
Toodles
Xo Nubia Xo

Support: Follow my blog on Google here or on BlogLovin here. Follow me of twitter here to keep up with more of my Nonsense.

You May Also Like

7 comments