Movie Review: Buried

by - 4:38 PM

Buried: Directed by Rodrigo Cortés
Over the weekend I saw Buried for the first time and I must say it was horrendous. Actually, The movie was absolutely fascinating. It was terrifying because you are stuck with him in a wooden coffin throughout the whole movie.

Ryan Reynolds plays the role of Paul Conroy a U.S. contractor working in Iraq. His crew gets attacked by a group of Iraqis and when he wakes up he's in a coffin. Director Ridrigo Cortes is brilliant. Despite the fact that once or twice I was thinking "omg is he really going to be in a damn coffin the whole movie" it was very well scripted. I suffer from a bit of anxiety and claustrophobia myself and I was literally taking deep breaths in some of the movie scenes.

Ryan Reynolds shows pure and raw emotions in the film. He shows every emotion possible really: Fear, loneliness, panic, happiness, depression, acceptance. He has these face expressions that one would hope to never see on a man anywhere near me. I hope Reynolds gets some sort of recognition for this film. I always saw him as a romantic comedy kind of actor but he nailed this role in an admirable manner.

I don't want to give too much away from the film but Paul Conroy (Reynolds) had a cellphone with him in the coffin among other supplies. When he tried to reach out for help, it's insane the reactions some people had. You would think some one would be nervous and rush for help but you'll have to see for yourself what goes on. My belief as well as many others, is that the film is trying to show us that the U.S does not go all the way for it's soldiers and it rather protect it's reputation. But who knows, right?

This is one of those films that when you watch it at night, You're still thinking about it in the morning AND THAT MY FRIENDS IS WHAT MAKES A FILM GREAT.

Check out the trailer if you'd like. Enjoy


To end things on a brighter note, Aren't these the cutest darn things!?
Toodles
Xo Nubia Xo

Support: Follow my blog on Google here or on BlogLovin here. Follow me of twitter here to keep up with more of my Nonsense.

You May Also Like

7 comments

  1. I never got to see this! & there weren't any previews at all on tv.. But I remember only watching one preview in the cinema. Now i'm dying to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buried looks really good. I've heard great things about it. Not to mention, I love Ryan Reynolds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kind of reminds me of 127 Hours in that the main character is prctically stuck in the same spot the whole movie, but it still made for an incredible ride! A good story and character development makes a movie. The rest is just the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this film looks kinda interesting! i remember when I went to watch phone booth I was like how is it possible to have an entire movie based around a conversation in a phone booth but it worked really well so I'm sure this will too! definitely gonna watch it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad I read your blog! I always forget about a lot of movies and then you remind me! Can't wait to see this.


    http://2anchor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear it's a good film! I actually wasn't planning on seeing it, but you definitely changed my mind. :) I'm a little worried about the claustrophobia part though. I get it bad when I think about it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very likable photo shoot. I can't help but imagine all the people wondering who you were and you strutted by in your lovely clothes... closely followed by a camera. hehe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Leave a comment and I will try my best to get back to you!

Xo Nubia