Independent Fashion Blogger Conference

by - 11:49 PM

Hi!

I told you I would be back soon, didn't I? I am absolutely thrilled and overly excited that I got to attend the IFB evolving influence conference today. Anyone that was there could have told you the energy in that room was freaking unreal. I felt like I was getting hit by inspiration bats! I kid you not my friend. If you didn't get to attend, hopefully you were lucky enough to see it on the live stream (which I heard was pretty cool)

I'd like to start off by saying that Jennine Jacob (thecoveted) you are Wonder Woman! I love comics so believe me, this might be one of the most valuable compliments I can give a female. The way Jennine started IFB: This culture, that just brings so many of us dying to share what we love together is mind blowing. Christine Topacio (Profreshstyle) was so amazing in helping out as well. We had a nice conversation about L.A and N.Y. It was truly a pleasure meeting you, you rock girl. Thank you American Express for helping to make this possible.

I got to the event a little bit late because.... well I'm just tardy often (shoot me) but I took a few notes on some things I thought were pretty interesting from the panel speakers and I'd like to share with you.

Gala Darling: What I loved about her time on stage went something like this...(these are not exact words just more or less)

Be yourself as much as possible...Don't care about negative comments about your clothing your face or your blog...Blogging is a great tool for what you want to do...Give all of you to your blog... People make money from art, art is a passion, and people want to see what a crazy passionate person is about...Don't pretend to be something you are not, be as honest as you can be..Don't let comments distort what you are trying to do with your blog
Susie Bubble: Susie was very well spoken and was very informative

A little press mention is what started to get my blog noticed... Be true to products you cover, don't just take anything... I learned great things at Dazed Digital... I don't always post about all my projects on my blog because I don't feel they go with the blog content.

Bryan Byan: Bryan was so fun to watch. He was claiming to be nervous but I found him extremely blunt and charming. Here are somethings he shared

I was 10 years old stealing my moms magazines and reading them at school... I started to become a total Asian label whore... I never worked in the fashion industry before, it just interested me...All my dreams have already come true, I feel like i took the fast track... ADDICTED to social media... I can't take vacations, I rest on the planes.
To find out all the panelist who spoke click here.

I'll leave you with some pictures I took of the panelist on stage and some pictures that were taken outside of what I wore to the IFB con today.

I hope you enjoyed and remember.. YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE, DO WHAT YOU LOVE!

Above: Gala Darling
Above: Bryan Boy
Above: Cupcakes and Cashmere collage
Above: Amy Odell (The Cut)
Above: Rumi Neely and Colin (Fashion Toast)


Wearing Vintage dress, Quipid heels, Limited cropped denim jacket, and my awesome hair experiment =)


Xo Nubia Xo

Follow my blog here and here. Thank you!

You May Also Like

23 comments

  1. sounds like a great conference. i wish i could have attended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really heard that it was such an entertaining event...with loads of funs from bloggers...i wish I could have attended the conference :( Too bad, I was not able to see the live stream because I had to work...bummer!!!!

    But thank you for the updates and for sharing the insights to us...I love Bryan as always...

    Kisses
    Sweet
    PensandLens

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look fabulolus nubia!
    i'm so sad i can't be at NYFW this year. i'll be using your blog to help me feel like i am there though :)
    hope you have a great time at fashion night out tonight. can't wait to see pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what did you think of rumi and her bf?

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post. thanks so much for sharing. but im still upset im wasn't there.
    wish you a wonderful weekend love
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damsels: Rumi is very sweet and Colin is just great with the camera but I think she was very shy. She kept looking down a lot and she was very awkward with the mic.. she was nervous. She answered some questions she had written down that people write on her blog. She said that a lot of what is going on is still very unreal to her.. She can't grasp it yet.. Also I really liked the fact that all of the girls mentioned their boyfriends taking pics but she is the only one who got him up on stage to talk with her.. something new

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nubia your figure looks AMAZING in that dress! I watched a few of the speakers and really enjoyed it. My favorite was Emily :)

    Leia

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so cool. I adore that you found there advice so helpful. I wish I would seen all the bloggers at the conference. You look so pretty also. I love that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You rocked that dress love how the denimworkssolovely with it. It's so true we only live once..... Love your blog always keeps me inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hayhay!
    How are you? Your blog is great and I love your style! I'm glad that I've visited yours.

    Please, check mine, & maybe we can follow eachother? + join my giveaway!

    Thanks and love,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! How awesome that you were there! I bet it was full of inspiration in there. I enjoyed this post very much! :)

    ♥lasenoritadaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW. What a fab life you lead!! Love your blog ... I'm a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! you absolutely stunning in these pics!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi dear, thanks for visiting my blog (: I appreciate what you do, your blog is awesome. You got nice pictures here, huh? Have a terrific week!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post. I was too late for the lifestream, so all the more happy you summed it up nicely. Looooving your look, Nubia. I think next time you've got to go on the stage at IFB meet-ups!

    ReplyDelete
  16. all tose ladies are so beautiful ... this event looks so fun. i was stuck working that night

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an amazing experience! All looks fab in your life right now sweetsx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jennine is amazing.. I wish I could have been there. Also you are looking so va va voom in that dress! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Leave a comment and I will try my best to get back to you!

Xo Nubia