Fashion Night Out Adventure

by - 11:04 PM

This past Thursday for Fashion Night Out was pretty crazy. I spent the day with Mary from gla.MAR.ous . We had a nice lunch at Gingers which is a great little Chinese restaurant on 7th avenue. I would recommend it they have great lunch specials and a decent happy hour. After lunch we went to a small park by 14th and 8th and spoke a little about work and our personal lives which is always fun and filled with laughs.



I'm wearing : H&M blazer, Topshop t-shirt, Lace stockings from Forever 21, American Apparel leather skirt, Boots from Beverly Boutique with DIY stud belt

Marys wearing: L.A.M.B hoodie, Shoes from a Boutique in Queens, Zana di Jeans


I was thinking about how this is always such a adventure filled week in NYC. Even if you don't have tickets for shows its always great and exciting to go around the tents and see all the models and the great street fashion. I remember in past events there even use to be vans a few blocks away giving free manicures and goodie bags etc. There are a lot of things you might find necessary to carry around. I think my most important items for a week that requires so much walking are..

A reliable pair of heels/boots. By reliable I mean make sure you can stand in them for at least 10 hours with out crying.

A fashionable/embellished pair of flats. I don't want my feet to end hating me. We all love to look gorgeous and glam in our heels but there is a point when enough is enough and you better make sure you have Epsom salt at home to drench your puppies!


Lastly Coffee. I find that Starbucks are becoming harder and harder to find. When I use to work on 39th and Broadway they were everywhere, I suppose in certain areas not so much.


** and also P.S I don't go anywhere without my blackberry and camera so that's a must for me everywhere.

I ended up going to barneys for FNO. It was pretty nice, complimentary champagne, appetizers flowing all over the place as there was everywhere. I snapped action shots, Enjoy!

One of the first things I saw when I walked in was the Wool + The Gang. This is where I saw such a diverse group sitting on couches and learning to knit. People were making squares for a giant blanket that's going to be auctioned to benefit the National September 11th Memorial/Museum

On the 6th floor I met the Lovely Maria Cornejo. She was extremely nice, such a sweet heart. While I was talking to her I told her I blog on my spare time and she asked for my card mentioning her daughter likes keeping up with fashion blogs. If your not familiar with her line you can click here. Definitely worth looking at! I was very in love with a jumpsuit displayed on a mannequin from her line.

On the 7th floor I was able to snap this picture of model Coco Rocha getting interviewed. You got to make your very own flip book and make videos with her. Shes a beauty.

Here you see Loomstate artist hand painting Fashion Night Out T-shirts which I thought was pretty awesome.

Isabel + Ruben were present on the 2nd floor signing copies of "Isabel Toledo: Fashion from the Inside Out"


I was honestly taken by what a sweetheart Alexander Wang was on the 7th floor! I am such a fan of his work and he was just stopping for everyone it was so adorable.

Manolo Blahnik was on the 4th floor signing shoes and T-shirts as well as greeting people.

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen showed up at 9 p.m on the Men's third floor for "The Row" but it was insanely packed I didn't really get to see them. On the bright side while I was leaving the Olsen twins Madness I bumped into the gorgeous Amy from Midtown Girl. I heard the Olsen's were easier to see at Bergdorf Goodman earlier, I wish I would have gone! There are so talented.

There was a lot more going on which you could check out here. Hope you enjoyed my coverage.

xoxo

You May Also Like

58 comments

  1. This sounds like so much fun - I really wish I could have been in NYC for it! And I second Delmy, very cool blue tights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, how i envied you went to fashion night out.
    wish i could come to NY to watch it.
    not only that, you've seen and have photos with deisgner, Maria.
    it's indeed a great experience.

    i love you outfit for that night and
    photos by the fountain is beautiful!

    http://momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed how close you got to all the designers. I heard the Olsens came extremely late due to traffic. Still I wish I could have a chance to see them also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful styling....thanks for comment:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good! Those are fun flats, and I don't say that too often about flats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! looks like you had an amazing time at the event, I'm jealous of everybody that got to go because everyone has amazing adventures to share!!!
    Rianna Bethany xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE THAT PINK BLAZERRRRRRRRR!

    FOLLOW FOLLOW--->
    http://higher-than-heels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. So jealous you got to go to FNO! I also love your tights and I have GOT to try that studded belt/boot combo you pulled <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh man!! I can't believe you got to go to FNO!! I'm so jealous!!! I really hope i can be in NY next september! That would rock :)
    you look amazing! I love the shirt, so cool <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is so cool. wow. i would have love to been out at NYC during this event, but sadly I don't live there and I couldn't come down :( but you look amazing. love the outfit, especially those tights.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what an amazing day you had! oh i wish i could go to ANY fashion week. i bet it's an awesome experience. thanks so much for sharing and thanks for dropping by @ my blog.i loved yours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're so lucky! I wish I had been able to go, but I had to go to chorus instead :( Ugh. I love your coverage, it's so cool to see what you did !

    ReplyDelete
  13. how AWESOME! looks like you had a fun night out!!! :D wish i could have gone! im good love. going movies now with my mum :) hows ur weekend going? x

    ReplyDelete
  14. wawww i love the way you documented everything. It looks like you had a freakin blast! That is crazy amazing, next year i will make it a point to be there! Coco Rocha ahhhhhh. You loo amazing, i love the boots and your make-up girl...is on point! Thanks for the comment, love the blog...i am now following your jewel. xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your tights! I'm sooo jealous of everyone who went to fashion's night out, it sounds like it was so much fun!
    thanks for the comment :]

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so jealous also. Love your leather skirt, looking good

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your style is so eclectic and bold! I love it!

    I'm so jealous you got to go to FNO... I live in London and wish I could have gone, but am in Bangladesh on holiday! Arghh. Will just have to go next time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow im so jealous you got to go out and enjoy allof this
    .. i was so tired and had to work that day ... love this shirt btw

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so ridiculously jealous! You looked fab!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look gorgeous, i love your outfit from head to toe. x)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Nubia!

    Thanks for popping in on my blog and brightening my day with a comment! I really appreciate it. So I had to come and take a peek at your blog. Looks really cool and interesting! I greatly enjoyed reading your NY fashion week coverage. How neat to get a glimpse from the eyes of someone right on the spot. Paris Fashion Week will follow, and just like last year, I'll try to do my best in covering a show or two.

    I love your stockings. They give just the right 'fashionista touch' to your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those tights with the boots on you look hot girl ! And I love your hair do plus the blazer. All in all,perfect :)

    Always good to carry a extra pair of flats with you. Feet can't go all day long with heels. Ohhhh,and you have a Blackberry ? Is is really fun to use ?
    Getting one for myself soon :)

    And I love the coverage that you did and all those amazing people you saw . Wished I could be there tough.

    You saw Alexander Wang ?? Ahhhhhh,love him <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. omgggg lucky!!! did you meet alexander wang???
    this looks like you had so much fun!!
    did you buy anything???
    xxx

    AlphaBetaChic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, looks like sooo much fun!
    I'm so jealous, haha!
    Awesome pics thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  25. thanks for stopping by my blog.
    come visit me anytime. :)
    you look adorable! and i like your blog too. :)

    http://ckparis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. AH! that must have been such an AMAZING bananas event and night. you look wonderful. ad meeting wang- hes so brilliant. (green of envy=me :) )
    take care x

    ReplyDelete
  27. I truly worship your style. You always look so glamorous with a tinge of edge - j'adore! :)

    Your coverage of Fashion's Night Oit was delightful to read. Especially for someone who didn't get to attend...like me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are such a gorgeous girl, and your unique sense of style is really inspiring. Oh and thank you so much for you lovely comment on my blog!

    Panda xx

    OHG! YOU SAW ALEXANDER WANG!!! eeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You were just beautiful! Loved the fashion's night out, we want to repeat! Love the Fashion's Night Tee, WE WANT IT!

    xx!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So cool, I would have gone for sure if I was not 5,000km away! The Olsens spotting wow, they are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great photos. You look fantastic. It sounds so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  32. So fun, darling! You and Mary both look fabulous! Am especially loving your lace tights!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  33. i love your boots especially with those blue tights

    ReplyDelete
  34. looks like you had a great time!wonderful outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  35. wow, you look stunning! what a great blog you have here. thanks for stopping by mine. added you to my blogroll :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love these photos!
    Your outfit is awesome, especially those shoes!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'm so bummed that I wasn't able to attend the FNO events (darn high school parental rules...)

    You look absolutely gorgeous (:

    bisous, xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Killer outfit!! Ahhhhh and how exciting you went to FNO! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. wow thats so cool that you met him! and I do love your top shop shirt and your studded boots!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Looks like it was a fantastic night. And I love your stockings!

    ReplyDelete
  41. you lucky duck, I'm so jealous of all the cool fashion week stuff going on! I so wish I could be there. If I sound like a broken record I'm sorry! LOL. I am also in love with your boots. I'm desperately needing a pair ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Fashion's Night Out was sooo much fun! I can't wait to go back next year!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Ahh, I love Coco! She's so cute!

    Oh, and I looove your hair and booties--so badass!

    ReplyDelete
  44. WOW, just another reason to love NYC! lucky you for having the chance to go...thanks for sharing with the rest of us! oh how i love Barneys (but only the NYC location...not the Beverly Hills one just 10 minutes from where i live!).
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  45. comletely amazing, i wish i could have gone, i'll vicariously live through your photos lol. your look gorgeous!
    peace&love

    ReplyDelete
  46. just discovered your lovely blog! pics are amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thanks for the coverage Nubia!

    Absolutely fab'! Those shoes, wow! Legs and shoes, and legs and some more shoes... red has been all over the shop windows of the major fashion houses here in Paris ever since the breaking off of the new season. I'm blushing already...

    ReplyDelete
  48. babe, ur pants killed me! love'm!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. If only i could live in NYC!! Your life is fabulous.. Love the makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love all the photos! You really get a feel for what everything was like there.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  51. wheee, LOVE the outfit! now: i must get me some blue lace tights! haha x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Leave a comment and I will try my best to get back to you!

Xo Nubia