Vogue Japan Beauty Feb & March.

by - 3:46 PM



Hey Nubians, 

"Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder"

The older I get the less makeup I wear. I think this happens to a lot of women. Perhaps when I'm in my 40's I'll start wearing more foundation and concealer or things to cover up small lines and wrinkles that will form with age. For now, I mainly enjoy a bold lip, bold brows, and a bit of mascara. The fact I don't wear a lot of makeup on the daily doesn't mean I don't enjoy playing with it. I often look forward to nights where I can glam up more than usual and play around with a nice, bright eyeshadow color (which I often do in during the Summer anyway). I was browsing around a few Vogue Japan editorials and loved the color used in the February editorial and the simplicity for March. 

Royalty in Color - Vogue Japan, Feb 2018.



I was born in February and my favorite color for most of my life has been purple. It's the color of my birthstone, Amethyst. Amethyst always transmitted feelings of peace, harmony, and balance when I stare at it long enough and appreciate it's beauty.  Purple is also known as the color or royalty, hence this editorial. Enjoy!




  • Ben Hassett - Photographer
  • Tom Van Dorpe - Fashion Editor/Stylist 
  • Joey George - Hair Stylist 
  • Erin Parsons - Makeup Artist 
  • Arianna Pradarelli - Casting Director 
  • Naomi Yasuda - Manicurist 
  • Ine Neefs - Model





  • Art Was the Mood - Vogue Japan, March 2018.



    Leonardo da Vinci once said, “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.”. Steve Jobs always spoke about the beauty of simplicity and being a minimalist as well. It's often true that less is more, but being a minimalist in life is often harder than it looks. When it comes to makeup, however, it's quite easy.  A nice cat-eye and dash of blush go a long way. Simplicity also compliments a feeling of freedom and fewer things weighing you down both physically and emotionally in your life. 


    Jingna Zhang - Photographer 
    Rena Semba - Fashion Editor/Stylist 
    Shuco Sumida - Hair Stylist 
    Nicolas Degennes - Makeup Artist 
    Chiharu Okunugi - Model 
    Rina Fukushi - Model


    Cheers! 

    Xo Nubia Xo 

    You May Also Like

    0 comments