Renaissance In Red. Agnes Akerlund For Vogue Japan November 2017.

by - 6:22 PM


Hey Nubians, 

Put on your red shoes, and dance the blues. 
-David Bowie

I love fashion editorials from Vogue Japan almost as much as I love the color red. Red has always been a very favored color in my life, especially when it comes to clothing and makeup. Probably my second favorite after purple truly. Red lips are ALWAYS my favorite at any time of day. A nice classic red lip is unavoidable. It basically says "Hello, I'm here". I also love a nice red chunky sweater during fall/winter, I'm on the hunt for one right now. 

Red is an interesting color because I relate it to both very happy and very upsetting feelings. I'd like to say I associate it with mainly positive emotions except when I feel like "I'm seeing red." then that's a whole other story.  When I googled meaning of the color red it says...

"Red is the color of fire and blood, so it is associated with energy, war, danger, strength, power, determination as well as passion, desire, and love. Red is a very emotionally intense color. It enhances human metabolism, increases respiration rate, and raises blood pressure."

It's a great color, period. Model Agnes Akerlund looks very cute in her red outfits selected by stylist Sissy Vian. The bow on the top of her head takes me back to my illustrated Dr. Seuss books and the lovely Cindy Lou Who. 

I hope this editorial inspires you if not for fashion purposes, at least for artistic ones. Cheers!






Camilla Akrans - Photographer
Sissy Vian - Fashion Editor/Stylist
Franco Gobbi - Hair Stylist
Fredrik Stambro - Makeup Artist
Agnes Akerlund - Model





What does red mean to you?

Xo Nubia Xo 

You May Also Like

0 comments