New York Comic Con Cosplay 2017.

by - 1:03 PM



Hello Nubians, 

This year I went to New York Comic Con for 2 days and it was a lot of fun, but guess what? I didn't cosplay! I know, I know, crazy town. But I had just gotten back from Hawaii and I felt kind of rushed and decided not to do it this year. I have to be honest, it hurt my heart a little. If you've seen my cosplay looks from New York Comic Con past, you'd know I enjoy dressing up very much. When I saw all of the amazing looks from various comicbooks, video games, cartoons, tv shows, movies, etc. and saw all the detailed craftsmanship and time people put into their costumes...I felt a little sad for myself for missing out. However, it still made me happy to be in everyones presence. I was cheering them on in a weird way being on the other side admiring. With all of the time that goes into hair, make-up, sewing, and making armor amongst other things such as role play, it's cool to be part of this community of people. I've always believed it's therapeutic embodying these characters whether you want to play the hero or villain. We all go through different phases in our life where we may be considered the good or bad guy as do many of these characters.

Another funny thing about not cosplaying this year is that I had so much more time to enjoy booths. I got to take my time actually talking to people and touching merchandise because I wasn't being stopped every 2 seconds for photos. I'm hoping to share a few cool places I stopped by later this week. 

This year I noticed a lot of people were coming up with original characters too which I thought was awesome. Last year I did an original mashup of characters partnering with my friend Kaori. I dressed as DC Comics Wonder Woman & Two-Face. You could check it out here

Ghost Rider, Rugrats, Cuphead, Lydia & Beetlejuice, a few Anime looks, a awesome DC Cosplayers meet-up and more. Enjoy the photos below.

























Cheers! 

Xo Nubia Xo 

You May Also Like

0 comments