Monday Motivation: Sexy, Retro Film Posters.

by - 4:22 AM


Hey Nubians, 

I Love A Classic Film Poster.

I was having a chat with my brother the other day and I asked him "Dear brother, why don't they make film posters the way they used to?"  A lot of movie posters from the 1960s through the 1980s are pure art! He answered that he wasn't sure but that for some reason a lot of other countries make more artistic posters. After seeing a few examples, I must say I agree. Even seeing the titles in other languages sometimes make them more attractive to me. The phrases that were used back in the 80s were also wittier in my personal opinion and the fonts were cooler too. 

The women in the posters had this gorgeous, retro look to them and their hair and outfits where usually on point. They either had a tragic beauty to them or looked stunningly confident or strong. Another thing I noticed is the beautiful color stories in the posters which always makes me connect them to art. 

From movies like Barbarella, Halloween, Deadly Blessing, and some I've never head of, here are a few that stood out to me. 







I'll be randomly featuring posters like these more often because I find them inspiring and visually pleasing. 

Cheers! 

Xo Nubia Xo

You May Also Like

0 comments