4 Spring Fashion Trends That Are Everything!

by - 3:23 AM



Hello Nubians, 

"Fashion People Are Special People."

I heard that quote in a song once and thought it was simple and beautiful. Fashion has always been one of my favorite creative outlets which is why I pay attention to the streets and social media outlets such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc. for anything that inspires me or moves me. New York and Paris Fashion week are always fun to follow too. 

I think my favorite season is Fall but I also love Spring because it's similar. You can dress with a skirt but a light jacket, that kind of thing. Plus we usually look at it as a time to sport lighter colors. I don't really know who created these rules... Light Colors Spring, Summer, Dark Colors Fall, Winter... I think they were following the Sun. I don't follow any style rules or trends to a T but they do influence me a bit. 

Below are some of the trends I've slowly had my eyes on that I think will make your a stylish gem this Spring. 


Platform or Flatform Shoes


Do we have any Spice Girls fans here? Well rejoice because platforms and flatforms are back in style. I was always a fan of them for height reasons haha I like to wear heels but can never survive in them for too long. I've always been a fan of TUK Creepers. These shoes are from Gucci, Balmain, Dolce & Gabbana and Proenza Schouler runways shows. Use them as a source of inspiration. I'm really loving those Gucci ones with the buckles even though the whole look doesn't make much sense. Somehow they still make me gravitate towards them. (Stop it Nubia!)



Color Craze 

Anyone who reads my blog knows I'm a fan or bright colors and color blocking. The brighter the better! Don't be afraid or colors my friend. Yellow is supposed to be especially popular this season but I'll probably stick more to pink, purple, orange and blue. Color therapy can do wonders for the soul.

The looks above in order are from Emilio Pucci, Tibi and Hermes Spring 17 runway shows. The Hermes is my favorite. It screams 80's and I love the waistline. 

Embroidery & Strong Patterns

I love embroidery and honestly haven't rocked it an amazing piece of clothing with embroidery on it for years! This is something I am definitely going to be on the hunt for. I would love to find a nice embroidered denim jacket. These photos are from Gucci Spring 17. Funny one of the models is wearing flatforms and also I've digging the over sized glasses. 


Ruffles/80's Glam 

Lastly another look I haven't sported in a long time is ruffles. I always thought they were so elegant and romantic. I'm looking forward to finding a nice ruffles off the shoulder top. These jaw dropping, gorgeous dresses are from Zimmermann.  


Good luck switching up your wardrobe. Wishing you all fabulous fashion and enjoyable warm weather. 

Cheers! 

Xo Nubia Xo 



You May Also Like

0 comments