Horror Fans Rejoice! Tales From The Crypt Trailer and Why You'll Like It More Than American Horror Story.

by - 4:05 AM



Hey Nubians, 

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. 
-Arthur Conan Doyle

I saw the Tales From The Crypt Concept Trailer by M. Night Shyamalan which will air on TNT and I must say as a horror fan I am immensely excited. I will be glued to my television! This show the same as the original which aired on HBO from 1989 to 1996 will be based on the popular comic series from EC Comics. I've always been so interested in M. Night Shyamalan and have so much respect for him because he's a risk taker and I love that! He might not have as many 'hits' as some other directors but he has a deek, dark, and vivid imagination. I would love to pick his brain. I recently watch "Split" which I enjoyed and was very creepy & "The Visit". Both of them had an interesting twist. 

See the concept video for Tales From The Crypt:



It looks so damn good! Thought I do fear that fact that it will be on TNT but hopefully that won't be a huge deal. This trailer showed suspense, freaky shit like people in a trance jumping off buildings or in gas masks, insects, the forest, paranormal aspects, & more. I like how M. Night Shyamalan mentioned that Tales From The Crypt was before it's time because I'd have to say I agree. I also likes how he refers to the Crypt Keeper as a "Dark Walt Disney" because Walt Disney was a person who was a great host and took us to this magical, wonderful place he created. I believe the Crypt Keeper does the same in taking us to a dark and eery place where we have to face our fears and he hypnotizes us and locks us in. I remember when I was younger I would turn on the original Tales From The Crypt on HBO sometimes (my parents weren't aware I was doing this) and I would have to turn it off at some point of the episode because I couldn't deal with the fear that was building up in my body. I would feel my heart slowly beating harder and harder against my chest. What is it about fear that almost makes it such an adrenaline rush. I remember closing my eyes slowly trying to fall asleep that night and then quickly opening them because I FELT the fear. I felt like there was something in the room with me. Probably not the best feeling for a young girl haha but I have been a horror fan my whole life growing up after that. 





And I very much did love the Crypt Keeper because he was wicked. I use the word 'wicked' because he was scary but laughed about it and has quite the humor. He laughed at your fear and toiled with your emotions. He was an entertainer! I'm very please that M. Night Shyamalan is keeping this classic character as part of the show. 

Now, Here's Why Horror Fans Will Enjoy This Much More Than American Horror Story... It's Quite Simple Really... IT ACTUALLY LOOKS SCARY. 



(This clown was pretty freaky though)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing American Horror Story at all. I'm a fan of the show and have watched every season. It's just that I don't find it very scary truly. I look at it more like creepy, bloody, story telling. But it doesn't do 'that thing' for me. That thing that makes terror seep into my brain and crawl under my skin. I do think most seasons have had good story telling, and they have a stellar cast. I love Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson and look forward to the return of Jessica Lange hopefully and maybe even Connie Britton now that she's done with Nashville. I find it entertaining more then anything else with a bit of blood splatter. Take AHS season 3 for example 'Coven', I enjoyed it but it was like a mix of Mean Girls mixed with The Craft. For reasons like these, I believe true horror fans will enjoy the Tales From The Crypt reboot more. I believe M. Night Shyamalan has a vision that we're all going to be pleased with. I guess we'll see if I'm right or wrong. I will continue watching American Horror Story because I enjoy it regardless (even though I wasn't the biggest fan of Roanoke.)

Anyway, I'm super excited for Tales From The Crypt to begin and I hope M. Night Shyamalan makes it genius. 

Will you be watching? Thoughts? 

Cheers! 

Xo Nubia Xo 

You May Also Like

0 comments