Makeup Monday: Valentine's Day Cat-Eye Edition.

by - 12:08 AM

Hey Nubians, 

Can You Be My Sweetheart?

Valentine's Day is around the corner and while I had a few free moments on a Sunday evening while sipping on some coffee, I started thinking about a simple yet attractive beauty: hair & makeup look I could put together. Now-a-days most looks I see on blogs or videos are so over the top! Too much contouring, or highlighter and 50 layers of foundation... I wanted to share something I thought was a bit more relatable and easy to do. 

I put together a cute red glitter cat eye along with a nude lip. I also did a cute little unicorn hair braid on myself. I'll explain how I put together the look. Hope you enjoy it! Valentine's Day is a great day to feel beautiful on the inside and outside. Try to spend some time with a loved one. Cheers!
 
Steps For Achieving This Look Valentine's Cat-Eye.

1) The first thing I did was grab an eye shadow brush (I was using BH Cosmetics brushes) and I covered my eyelids with the NYX Cosmetics Primal Colors 'Hot Red' eye shadow. I love the whole NYX Primal Colors collection. The pigments are ridiculously amazing. Finding a good red eyeshadow is hard and this one is perfection. 

2) Next I grabbed a small brush and used my BH Cosmetics Enhancing eyes palette for the black eye shadow. I outlined half of my crease because I didn't want to do my whole eye and created the cat eye shape on the end and closed it. Make sure to blow on your brush before you make the line so your eye doesn't get dirty from excess shadow powder. 

3) After I was done creating the cat eye shape, I took a small angle brush and carefully filled it in with the red NYX 'Hot Red' eye shadow. You can outline the cat eye again when you're done with black if you please. 

4) I grabbed glitter gel from a Revlon PhotoReady Eye Art eye shadow I have and lightly dabbed it on. 

5) I filled in my brows with my Wet N Wild brow kit and added a little NYX cosmetics bronzer around the middle of middle of my cheeks. 

6) Lastly I applied a pretty light pink link gloss by Mally's Cosmetics called 'Mallys Look' and I used my Covergirl Star Wars Mascara. 

Tah Dah! Makeup done!



For my hair I thought something simple and cute was a unicorn braid. I thought maybe it could make you feel a bit magical on a day that's dedicated to love!




If you have any questions, feel free to leave them on the comment box below. I hope I've inspired some of you! 

Hope you have a beautiful Valentine's Day Full of love and joy whether you spend it with a boyfriend, a group of girlfriends or your family. Cheers! 


Xo Nubia Xo 

Follow the Nubia Network for more of what I'm up to.
 Instagram/Twitter/YouTube/Facebook



You May Also Like

0 comments