Let's Talk: Archie Comics Riverdale Promo.

by - 6:30 PM

Hey Nubians,

So I've Been Meaning To Talk About The Archie Comics Riverdale Promo...



A lot of us have been soOOooOo excited for CW's Riverdale, I know I have been. When I think about Archie, Betty, Veronica and the gang I think of something like this...










I'm used to good ol' classic Archie. I imagine of a varsity setting, hanging out in diners, I want to see Pop Tate and the Choklit Shoppe, maybe a bit of standing around by school lockers, pinup girl style, preppy fashion, jocks, something like the film Pleasantville but a tad bit more modern and in color. I really wanted to time travel to a happy, simpler, time with this show. 

 And then I saw the Riverdale Promo...



Ummm... W.T.F!

In the shows defense, I did hear that this was a 'darker' take of Archie Comics a while back. However, this looks WAY too much like Gossip Girl and Vampire Diaries if you ask me. Archie kind of looks like Stefan Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries and he's flashing abs haha c'mon! In a time where people seek simplicity, I think going the classic route would have pleased a lot of fans. This show looks super dramatic from the trailer like all of the other shows that are currently on air at CW.

Being the fashion and beauty lover that I am, I hope that the show doesn't have too much of an Upper East Side Gossip Girl flair to it but instead more of a Archie Comics Pinup/Preppy style. Some photos I've seen on instagram look ok so far so fingers crossed! They already crushed me by not giving Veronica her classic Betty Bangs... that was her hair style staple!

Anyway, the trailer scared me to say the least. I've read a lot of Archie Comics in my life time and they have gone through a lot of changes... with that being said change sucks. I was hoping this would honor the older Archie comicbooks that revolved around the gang. 

I'm not counting the show out completely from a tiny trailer. I'm still going to give it a shot and hopefully it surpasses my expectations. 

Any Archie fans out there? What do you guys think? 


Cheers! 

Xo Nubia Xo

Follow the Nubia Network for more of what I'm up to. Instagram/Twitter/Youtube/Facebook

You May Also Like

0 comments