Fall Fashion & Movies.

by - 6:35 PM

Hey Nubians, 

Relax. Refresh. Renew.

Hey Nubians, 

Trick or Treat? I'm sure most of you ladies are getting comfortable with the Fall season. Looking through your clothing and pulling out all of your light jackets and sweaters, figuring out what trends you want to follow, denim? velour? So many options. I just flew back to Las Vegas from New York and it's already getting pretty chilly out there. Vegas is slowly getting nippy too. 

Also let's talk Halloween! I LOVE Halloween. Probably more than Christmas. One of my favorite things to do besides going out to enjoy the fun decorations is staying home and watching retro Halloween cartoons and films. I like watching the friendly films such as Hocus Pocus but then I also like watching the more brutal films like Halloween/Michael Myers & A Nightmare on Elm Street. 

I think my style... 




I think I've always had a tom-boy style with a bit of a girly flare. I like hoodies, hats, athletic wear, faux leather, and lots of denim. I always enjoy my orange and wine colors during fall too for makeup. Lately I suppose you can say there's been a bit of a 'chill' trend going around. Mixing oversized baggy hoodies with heels... that's pretty much been me forever. 

The collage above are a few pieces I found online and I styled them how I thought I would wear them. 

**What do you think your go-to trend is this season?** 

On to the second part of this post... Film! Here are a few of my favs I probably watch every year. If you haven't watched any of them you totally should.

Hocus Pocus 
Here's to my favorite Witches, the Sanderson sister's. 

In Salem, Max Dennison (Omri Katz) goes to an abandoned house with his sister Dani (Thora Birch) and their new friend which he has a massive crush on, Allison (Vinessa Shaw). Max accidentally frees a coven of evil witches The Sanderson Sisters (Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, Kathy Najimy) who used to live in the house. Now, with the help of a magical cat AKA Thackery Binx, the kids must steal the witches' book of spells to stop them from becoming immortal. 

The movie is very family friendly and has a few catchy songs too. 

A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
A Nightmare on Elm Street isn't as family friendly at all. The story is actually pretty twisted. Fred AKA Freddy Kruger was caught doing a few inappropriate things to local children in the neighborhood. Once a bunch of parents find out they burn him alive. After that, he comes back and attacks teenagers in their dreams which kills them in reality. Twisted. I always enjoyed these horror films because unlike your Jason and Michael Myers, Freddy has a more comedic approach to his killings. 



The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror




If you're a Simpsons fan you definitely know about Treehouse of Horror. It's their yearly Halloween special and they often get inspired by classics like A Clockwork Orange or The Shining. They're always trippy and fun to watch. You can watch almost all of them on this site HERE (be careful, might be pop up heavy)

Halloween

Michael Myers is obsessed with killing is sister Laurie Strode (Scream Queens Jamie Lee Curtis) He escapes the Sanitarium he was locked up in (for killing his other sister) to hunt Laurie down. This goes on for years. Enjoy the ride and all the films. 



It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

Another light hearted goodie for those who enjoy Halloween but not horror. Based on the comic strip by Charles M. Schulz, The Peanuts Gang + pumpkins and treats! With all the adorable, sarcastic humor... you're bound to enjoy this classic gem.



I can probably go on forever. I enjoy very gore-ish horror movies. One thing I miss a lot too is when Nickleodeon used to have all the cool Halloween episodes like Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, Rugrats, & more. I think of these as the good ol' days... they don't make cartoons like they used too.  

What do you enjoy doing during Halloween? What's your favorite movie or show to get you in the mood? 


Cheers! 

Xo Nubia Xo


Follow the Nubia Network for more of what I'm up to. Instagram/Twitter/Youtube/Facebook

You May Also Like

0 comments