Kali Uchis Looks Amazing Modeling Sophia Webster’s New Barbie Shoe Collection.

by - 2:37 PM

C'mon Barbie, Let's Go Party!



Kali Uchis makes Colombian gals like me proud. I actually heard of Kali Uchis at first because I think my brother might be in love with her ha ha, I think she's super cool though. 

The singer/songwriter is starring in a new campaign for Barbie by Sophia Webster shoes. Both women and kids can rock the collection, it includes sneakers, sandals and stiletto's. The collection was created to celebrate Barbie wearing flat shoes for the first time!!! Say What? Usually I would oppose to such things because growing up, Barbie was the illusion of a perfect woman for me... ya know... pretty hair, the perfect dresses and wardrobe, cute body with the tinniest almost impossible waist, and always a sick pair of pumps! But throughout the years and thanks to the media, we already have wayyyyy too many close to impossible goals for women. I think it's a breath of fresh air to see Barbie being normalized a bit and be seen more like an every day women in a pair of hightop sneakers. Amen y'all! 






These butterfly stilettos give me total 90s nostalgia... I want!




The collection launches in Selfridges London and is online right now at sophiawebster.com. The collaboration is a continuation of the Barbie Fashionista campaign, which celebrates diversity with 23 new dolls, featuring 14 different facial sculpts, 8 skin tones, 18 eye colors, 22 hair styles, and 23 hair colors. I think it's a great message of positivity for the youth, especially young girls to make Barbie seem more approachable. We're living in a world were young teenagers are getting crazy unnecessary surgeries such as lip and butt implants for vanity and to feel beautiful. I know this sounds super corny right now, but beauty comes from within. You have to work with what you have. Having a big ass, tits, and a pair of heels on doesn't automatically make you beautiful. All races and colors are beautiful too! Get with it ladies! It's cool that the Barbie brand wants to celebrate diversity because so many young girls are obsessed with their dolls. Now maybe the dolls will look more like them.

The Barbie x Sophia Webster shoes can range anywhere from $150 to about $500. It is a special collection however, so if this is your kind of thing and you're looking for quality, I think it's worth it. 




The designer said: "Creating a shoe collection for Barbie has always been my dream project, but getting to be a part of her embracing flats for the first time made it extra exciting, and deeply personal. I love that this concept strikes a balance between dreams and reality - the idea of getting Barbie in some hi-tops and setting her loose in East London instantly appealed."



Dope bags too! 


What do you think of the collection? Think you'll get your hands on any of these items soon? 


Make sure to follow Sophia Webster and Kali Uchis on Instagram for more updates and random cool stuff. 

Lastly, for your viewing pleasure... Check out the Kali Uchis "Loner" music video.  Take in the cool beat, her soothing voice, and more of her sick, pretty in pink style in the dreamy video. 



Cheers my darlings! 


Xo Nubia Xo

Follow the Nubia Network for more of what I'm up to. Instagram/Twitter/Youtube/Facebook 

You May Also Like

0 comments