"I Want" Wednesday! MAC Cosmetics + Selena.

by - 1:17 AM

Who's Insanely Looking Forward To MAC Cosmetics x Selena



This week for I Want Wednesday's, I'm wishing I can get my hands on some MAC Cosmetics x Selena when it's released next year. MAC cosmetics collab collections are famous for selling out in a ridiculously short amount of time and I really, really want to get at least a lipstick minimum from this collection. 

After many people signed a petition started by a fan named Patty Rodriguez on Change.org titled "To release a "Selena Quintanilla for MAC" limited edition collection #SelenaQuintanillaForMAC" it seems to have gotten MAC Cosmetics attention. The petition gathered over  37,000 supporters. 

A short time after the petition,  MAC Cosmetics revealed the photo below on their instagram. I guess they decided "Anything for Selena's!"



Like the legend herself, Selena Quintanilla’s fans are an inspiration to us all for their love and enthusiasm. It’s happening! We are excited to announce the M•A•C Selena Quintanilla collection, available in 2016. @SelenaQOfficial #MACSelena

It's all so amazing and inspiring. I used to love listening to Selena's music as a young girl, first in spanish and then in english. She was a total inspiration and always seemed so happy with a huge smile on her face. Some people are born vibrant. I'm glad to see that even 20 years after her tragic death, she's still such an influence on both the latin community and for young women in general. 

I'm dying to see the shade of red MAC releases in the collection. Selena loved sporting red lips so I'm sure they're going to do a great job. 





I'm also very excited to see the packaging. I hope they do a good job with the packaging because I wasn't very impressed with the cases for the Marilyn Monroe collection *fingers crossed*. 

I'm intrigued with the thought of the whole collection and I hope MAC decides to drop more sneak peeks soon of what they're working on. 

Were you a Selena fan? What was your favorite song? 



Cheers my darlings!

Xo Nubia Xo
Follow the Nubia Network for more of what I'm up to. Instagram/Twitter/Youtube/Facebook 

You May Also Like

0 comments