Fashion Crush Friday: Sretsis Clothing.

by - 2:20 AM

Hello Nubians,

Have you guys ever heard of a fashion brand named Sretsis? Well, it's pretty f#cking beautiful.


I first heard about Sretsis when I was reading and looking at photos from Tokyo Fashion Week. I
often like to keep up and look into fashion weeks world-wide. I look at this as a good way for me to stay inspired and sometimes exercise interesting trends and styles that may not be relevant in the states yet. 


The Sretsis Ready-To-Wear Autumn/Winter 2015 collection is gorgeous. It's called "Sretsis Labyrinth". If you visit their site, here's the concept and insight they'll give you on what inspired them for this collection. 


"This season marks a new chapter and exciting journey for Sretsis. Eschewing the commonplace exoteric inspirations of the material world, Autumn/Winter 2015 “Sretsis Labyrinth” takes an intrinsic look, from within, as a starting point for a timelessly treasurable collection of attire that spans the test of time.

As you step into Sretsis’ mythical Labyrinth, a metaphor and tool for the reflection of life. Labyrinths, an outlet for meditation and pondering your inner most thoughts and life’s greater mysteries, can be used to help you seek out the answers. This philosophical approach then takes a turn and refocuses that idea to what you choose to wear. Like in a labyrinth, fashion should be a question of self-exploration, with the answers already present within your subconscious. An expression of oneself dawning from the internal conundrum that gets untangled through the course of your self-reflection. When entering into the Labyrinth, the goal is to have everything answered on your way out. This season, Sretsis provides an eclectic mix with choices that will satisfy every girl’s fantasy and prove themselves as the answer for their genuine styles.

Look within yourself. Follow your heart, and start your journey into the Labyrinth. Find yourself joyfully lost in the mythical garden of wild strawberries, grapevines, fields of metallic Blue Stars, song birds flying over your head, and occasionally be greeted by a fox or Ludo, the friendly furry monster eagerly waiting to guide you with a warm embrace. "


Reading the concept behind the line only made me further admire the collection and have so much more respect for it. I love the message they're trying to send with "Fashion should be a question of self-exploration, with the answers already present within your subconscious." So many people don't get creative with their style because they fear what others may think. They're afraid of getting criticized, starred at, or pointed at. It always takes a few fearless leaders to change things. Throughout the last 5 years, I think fashion and style has become a lot more fun in the states and I hope it keeps going in this direction. In all honesty, you know what you like in the back of your head, you just may not always express it.  

I used to think that by working in the fashion industry I wasn't doing anything good in the world such as a doctor or a teacher perhaps. As the years passed by I realized that wasn't true. I realized that fashion is full on self expression for many people like myself. A sort of therapy if you will. Something that brings happiness. Don't be afraid to show crazy colors, and prints, or fruit accessories or whatever you feel! If you feel goth, go do that! Just be genuine, it's good for the soul. It's a fact of life that when you think you look good, you feel good. I think Sretsis is one of those brands that's trying to show people how to have fun, be creative, be fearless, and find yourself. 


I see so much in this collection. The photos above and below almost remind me of the Manson girls in the 1960's. Lots of floral prints, flared pants, cardigans and hippie style. I also see hints of anime in the collection as well. 





This blue dress above might be my favorite piece. I love the color, the neckline and the ruffles by the shoulders.  Th belt is lovely, and the blue puffy balls remind me of certain trends from the 90's. The shoes in most of these photos are killer too. 


There's a few headpieces in the collection that remind me a bit of Princess Mononoke too. 


I think I would get married in the look above, ha ha. The dress is STUNNING. 




What do you think of this collection? Do you have a favorite piece? If anything at all, I hope you've walked away a bit more inspired after reading this post. 

To see more from Sretsis, you can check out their website HERE.


Cheers my darlings!


Xo Nubia Xo
Follow the Nubia Network for more of what I'm up to. Instagram/Twitter/Youtube/Facebook 

You May Also Like

0 comments