Fall Fashion Inspiration: Kirsty Hume by Erik Madigan Heck for Uk Harper's Bazaar September 2015.

by - 2:20 PM

Hello Nubians,

The Fall season is quickly approaching and I am sOoOooO excited about it. Usually I love to hang on to Summer and all, but I'm over the heat. I'm living in Las Vegas right now... do you know what it's like waking up to 110°-115° almost everyday? BYE.  In addition to the heat being such a drag, Fall fashion is much more fun than Summer fashion. You get to be more creative with layering and the clothing also has more texture amongst other little details that matter.

Something about the Fall season always feels magical too... especially in New York. The air feels so crisp and fresh, you feel a slight breeze fly through your hair and the leaves are perfection. You start looking forward to apple picking and all sort of fun Fall festivities. It's always been my favorite season.


I bumped into this editorial of Kirsty Hume by Erik Madigan Heck for Uk Harper's Bazaar September 2015 and I found it extremely inspirational. Everything from the location of the shoot to the styling is speaking volumes to me. 


Model: Kirsty Hume 
Photographer: Erik Madigan Heck 
Stylist: Leith Clark 
Make-up: Janeen Witherspoon
Hair: Panos Papandrianos 


The editorial reminds me a bit of the late Sharon Tate. Effortless beauty. A lot of the looks in the editorial seem to be inspired from the mid 1960's-1970's with a modern edge. 




There's also an excessive amount of tweed in this editorial. I do love a great tweed coat. The red tweed dress a few photos above is also fantastic. Fall fashion trend alert! IN NEED OF TWEED!










This type of beautiful and magical editorial is just what I needed to get my creative juices flowing today. I'm welcoming Fall with open arms. 


Cheers my darlings!


Xo Nubia Xo
Follow the Nubia Network for more of what I'm up to. Instagram/Twitter/Youtube/Facebook 

You May Also Like

0 comments