Monday Muse: Meryl Streep.

by - 5:18 PM

Hey Nubians,

Yesterday I was watching the Golden Globes for a bit and I noticed the ever so radiant Meryl Streep. This woman has a shining light around her doesn't she? Always glowing.

Many say she's one of the greatest film actors of all time. I myself have enjoyed all the films I've seen her in and think she's a superb actress, an icon really. However, acting isn't the reason I've chosen her as my muse today.




















Some Of My Favorite Things About Meryl Streep. 


  • Meryl Streep was suppose to go to Law School but her alarm didn't go off in time. She took it as a sign and instead went to Yale for Drama following her intuitions (who does that? how brave and daring). 
  • She is absolutely hilarious! Even though she did most of her comedies early in her career, her humor always shines through interviews and award shows... plus she can take a joke.   
  • She's done so many different accent in her movies British, Australian, New Yorker (Bronx), Italian AND I thought they were all good!
  • She played Miranda Priestly (Anna Wintour) in The Devil Wears Prada for God sake! Made me love her so much more at the time, she absolutely conquered that role. 
  • She is highly known for good work ethic. 
  • Never afraid to open her mouth and say what she has to say. 
  • Producer Dino DeLaurentis said she was "too ugly" for the damsel role in King Kong. I believe her called her "a pig" Didn't phase her. (Obviously he had poor vision and personally disgust me for speaking about an ambitious woman in that manner.)
  • Sesame Street named a character after her "Meryl Sheep" (how awesome is that?!)
  • Oh and lets not forget that countless amounts of awards she has. Well deserved. (Academy Award, Tony, Emmy, Golden Globe and More. 


These are some of my favorite facts about Meryl Streep. She by definition has everything I admire in a woman. She is effortlessly beautiful, kind, funny, and ambitious. A women who will stop at nothing to be where she knows she belongs.


Xo Nubia Xo

Follow the Nubia Network for more of what I'm up to. Instagram/Twitter/Youtube/Facebook

You May Also Like

0 comments