I've Got Surplus to Give More

by - 7:45 PM

Hello beautiful people from all sorts of social networks and lovers of blogosphere (deep breath),

Today has been a beautiful day. I am definitely counting my blessing on so many different levels of life. For that same reason, I've decided to post a few of my favorite lines from Nas's song "Count Your Blessings". It truly has beautiful lyrical content... When one is happy they should pass it on, pay it forward. I've been blessed with a great/crazy family, An amazing/phsycotic boyfriend, Understanding/bipolar friends and even a new job! Woot! Did I mention I have 2 dogs that don't listen to anything I say but I love them like Kanye loves drama? Yes I do.

Furthermore, I do have a new job that I haven't told you guys about yet. My blog might be going through some small changes so please bare with me. I am now working with Coveted Media as Community Manager. I'm very excited to be working with such amazing people being that till this day I STILL go to Independent Fashion Bloggers for help, tips, advice, etc. and I will STILL go there even though I'm working with them. It's such a resourceful, engaging community for any fashion blogger that has endless amounts of questions because They do target to answer all of them... YES ALL. Join the fun!

Now drum rolls please... Wisdom from Nas.

And I've got studios to voice in
And I've got news for rejoicing
Now a new sun is rising
I count my blessings

That I'm safe when I'm resting
Furniture in my nesting
But by force I'm suggesting
Ya count your blessings
I've got love and assurance
I've got new health insurance
And I've got strength and endurance
And I've got somewhere to dress for,
And I've got no need to stress for
so I'll always put my best forth
And count my blessings
I've joy in abundance
I've got life full of substance
I've got meetings and functions
So I count my blessings
I've got something to live for
I've got surplus to give more
Wearing Jessica Simpson Tookie pumps, MG Sheer green blouse, Charlotte Ronson high-waisted sailor shorts, Peace of Cake purse, Earrings purchased from a street vendor.

Toodles,

Xo Nubia Xo

Like NubiasNonsense? Follow me on Google here and BlogLovin here. Follow me on Twitter to know what I'm up to here. You Rock. That is all. Good day!

You May Also Like

29 comments

  1. You look absolutely lovely,the colours are a fabulous mix and the earrings suit you down to a T!
    These are amazing pictures id say your best so far...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always awesome to be thankful for everything! I definitely count my blessings each and every day! You look absolutely beautifulll in these photos! I love the colors, your makeup, the hair, and those SHOES! J.Simp is such a classy footwear designer! Her shoes can do no wrong in my eyes, haha!



    xoxo!
    http://pancakeSTACKER.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl you look fabulous! I tried those shoes on at Macy's yesterday in the orange color...girl I couldn't take 2 steps!! Those things are HIGH!! They are so cute tho! Loving your headband! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on all of the positive things in your life! Hope there is more to come for you :-)

    Dearest,
    Fashion Nostalgia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations love!!!

    xoxo
    www.renvieannemo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl I told you you were going to blowupciate! haha. But no congrats! That is really awesome and I think you will do an awesome job.
    Love the top and earrings too.

    xoxo Monroe

    Fashion Steele NYC

    ReplyDelete
  7. This whole outfit is genious! Every single piece is amazing and those earring omg! Congrats on your new job very well deserved!

    xx
    Andy
    The Black Label

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new job!!

    -B

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely outfit! :D
    beautiful blouse!

    juilletclair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great outfit! Love those shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. très jolie tenue, qui te vas très bien, j'adore ton short et tes chaussures, surtout tes chaussures

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful look. Love the shorts and the colors.
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the pants and the shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the whole outfit, the colours and the accessories so much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please give us more.

    check out our blog and pls follow


    www.su2c9ja.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful outfit, so full of colour and life!! Suits your beautiful face very much!! Congratulations for your happy news, enjoy!! Have a great week & thanks for stopping by my blog, you are welcome anytime!! Am away just now due to have a baby, but I will be back soon to check out more of your blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the new gig!! I'm sure you're going to be fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the new gig!!!! Love the post as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for your comment in my blog!!.Love this look,specially your shorts!!! Good luck in your new job!! Follow each other??? www.stylepicture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look gorgeous. Love this outfit and your style! Hope you're doing well today :D

    www.fantailflo.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. i like those chunky platform sandals. i need to get my pedicure so i start showingmy toes

    ReplyDelete
  22. l Love colors that is why i love ur outfit ! the shoes are amazing as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. you look gorgeous girl! love your blouse and shoes xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. amazing striped dress! I want it!


    http://www.ohmydior.org/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this look. Very colourful and perfect for the summer.
    http://daydreamsofaneverendingcloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. you should give credit where credit is due.. this song is as much Damian Marley's as it is Nas.. actually all the lyrics you wrote were sung by Mr. Marley himself... a very powerful song though! :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckS5DZRkWqI

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Leave a comment and I will try my best to get back to you!

Xo Nubia