Rarely...Barely... Merely

by - 8:21 PM

Hello Dolls,

I hope everyone has been having a splendid weekend. Mine was genuinely enjoyable, I can't complain.

On Friday I had what I call brother/sister day. It's a day about once a month when my older brother Danny and I spend the whole day together doing awesome stuff. We're pretty close. He decided that he wanted to watch the Expendables and Scott Pilgrim. So we went to the theaters by Times Square.

The Expendables was amazing! Sylvester Stallone made this movie seem almost like it came out of the 1980's. My brother said he read "There's so much testosterone in that movie, women were walking out pregnant" ha ha. Some of you might find that thought disturbing and others might find it..... well yeah. Whichever side you're on let me just tell you there is A WHOLE LOT OF MUSCLE AND ACTION AND GUNS.

After the Expendables we went to see Scott Pilgrim. Scott Pilgrim (which is a graphic novel) is unlike any other movie I've ever seen. In my opinion, It might not be everyone's cup of tea if you don't like the story. I thought it was Kick ass! The way it's filmed to make it look like a live video game in most parts, was really unique. I'm actually mad it came in at #5 in the box office. SAVE SCOTT PILGRIM! GO SEE! Michael Cera is adorable and geeky as usual.
Saturday I worked at Artist and Fleas in Williamsburg, Brooklyn with Mary for gla.MAR.ous. It was a pleasing ambient. If you haven't been you should check it out. There is a lot of one of a kind pieces you'll find (accessories, clothing, shoes, etc.) Being that it's Summer, honestly it was a little slow in traffic for my taste. But the Market is great and Mary and I will most likely return late September - Early October.
I have a few random photos to post as well. Later this week I will have a great interview up with the designer of Ravishing Jewelry Danielle Weitzler among other things, so make sure to check back in. Tell me about your weekend if you'd like also!? I always enjoy reading.



My Dog Honey and I above
Wearing gla.MAR.ous fringe top, Joyce Collection D.I.Y shorts, Forever 21 wedges

P.S Enjoy this Song and Clip from Scott Pilgrim. Toodles Xoxo

Follow my blog here and here. Thanks!

You May Also Like

43 comments

  1. 1. I adore that top...gorgeous!

    2. your hair looks fabulous!

    xoxo,
    Eboni Ife'
    The Fashionista Next Door

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your hair gorgeous and you look awesome with those fringes and the shorts...really love the top.

    I am not so familiar with the song or the band but they sound good...

    thanks for posting love...

    Take care
    always
    Swweet
    PensandLens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nubia you look amazing! I love that crochet top and your hair looks so pretty like that! I also really like the idea of a brother/sister day, I wish my brothers didn't work so hard so we could have days like that too :)

    Leia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brother/Sister days are always fun. The Expendables looks great, although I have a feeling I'll be one of the people coming out of the cinema pregnant, lol.

    And love the fringe top. I definitely need one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You hair has so much volume! I love your nail color and the top is sooo cute too. I love brother and sister days. As far as those weird yet insanely funny comments brothers tend to make, well that never gets old.... lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you saw two great movies! I was thinking about going to the theatres this weekend, but nothing caught my eye. I'll have to rethink both title next time the opportunity comes up. And I love your hair that way!! Looks very cool! The highlights make it look even better! Me thinks you should be my model for an urban, photo shoot type thing :) I've never done something like that before, but I think you would be PERFECT!!! Plus, you could probably teach me a thing or two!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so awesome that u guys have brother/sister days:) i've heard so much about this movie, but haven't seen it, yet. that's a cool top, btw!

    TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for your comments. Brother/Sister day is awesome hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really wanna see both those films, they both look hilarious! Daisy Dayz Home

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Nubia! :D I love Baby-G watches too. I hope you get it! Love your cute outfit. Very girly rocker chic. *^_^* I do brother/sister day from time to time too. Great way to to bond!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun weekend, darling!
    You look gorgeous!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  12. Damn your hair looks FABULUSH!! The doggie pic has my heart - what a cutie pie..just like you <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to see that movie, heard it's amazing.

    Love your top. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is so cool that you and your bro make it a point to stay close!
    Im dying over that top, are you kidding me, it is amazing in every way, the fring and color are fab!
    What lip color are you wearing?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks guys! I love the top also =)

    Jolie: I am wearing Maybelline superstay lipcolor Romance Rose

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this top its so beautiful and what amazing hair. I am very jealous! I love the idea with your brother, how very fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look so incredibly pretty and natural in your pics! So so so sweet my dear!

    I saw Inception yesterday. This chick is still not an action movie buff. I tried.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty lips and smile
    xoxo
    Olivier

    ReplyDelete
  19. hello darling! thanks for your comment! im glad you like my photo's combination!!

    i really like your top, is very original!

    kisses from

    http://sweetstyleblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. you are so gorgeous! thats a great top. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bro and sis day, huh? I love it! I'm very close with my bro too! Scott Pilgrim isn't out in Greece yet but I checked the story and it seems really fun...

    Great pics and gla.MAR.ous stuff!

    Kisses, Lena!

    styleloverlena.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Given the fact that I think Michael Cera is utterly adorbs, I think I need to see this film - STAT!

    Two things you need to know:

    1) Your hair is phenom! As in so phenom you should be doing hair adverts.

    2) Gah! I desperately need that fringe top!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. gorgeous outfit dear!Love Michael Cera;;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. love love love that top sweetie!!! it looks soo hot on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I want to see Scott Pilgrim! Love any movie Michael Cera is in :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Can I have your hair? And that top? (;

    bises, xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your hair looks so good! Seriously! Loving it :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. hola nubiaaa! muchas gracias!!!! oye que te sigo! me gusta mucho tu blog, eres guapisima y tienes un estilazo increible!
    1 besazoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are so stunning!! I love your hair and makeup!! They make you look like a supermodel!! xxoxoxoxxoo

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the fringe top, sweetie! And your hair looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. We saw the trailers for those two movies and yeah, the testosterone in The Expendables is almost palpable. Love your top

    ReplyDelete
  32. You are so so soooo pretty. I love your hair like that!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a cool top! The Expendables sounds like good fun (personally I quite like testosterone-fuelled movies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I was convinced that was a vintage top until i read your deets, gorgeous!
    Can't yes wait to see the Scott Pilgrim movie

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks everyone you're all so kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. oh sweet sweet you:) thanks for the b.day .wishes. you look gorgeoUS! in these shots. love your hair like that
    have a great week

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful photos. Love the fringed top.
    I also heard good things about the Expendables. Might have to go see it soon!

    Have a fab weekend!

    http://stylebouquet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  38. You need to wear that necklace all the time... it's gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. thx ! you look great ! I will follow your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Leave a comment and I will try my best to get back to you!

Xo Nubia