Strolling Through The Bushwick Art Collective.

by - 10:42 PM



Hey Nubians, 

"Art Is The Ultimate Way To Express What You're Feeling And Dreaming Of." 

Who doesn't love art? Art can be considered a variety of different creative outlets. Many people consider fashion and their way of styling an artform. It expresses how they feel and showcases it to those around them. Others consider dance or theatre their art form. Of course, there is always drawing and painting. I LOVE to draw. I wouldn't consider myself one of the greats, but I enjoy it and it helps ease my mind. I am fascinated with murals and street art. The idea of completing a well thought out mural is probably somewhere on my bucket list. I admire artist with such vision and dedication who put their masterpieces together in the middle of the day while random strangers stroll by and just stare at them... I would assume it's not a distraction to a focused well focused and determined mind. 


Last week, I went on a brother-sister walk with my oldest brother Daniel. I'm not quite sure when it started, but sometimes we go on what seems to be endless walks. This time we started walking randomly from Elmhurst, Queens and ended up going through Bushwick, Brooklyn where we strolled by The Bushwick Art Collective. I've always heard of it, but I never saw it in person. It reminded me of being around 5 Pointz. I'm still saddened by the tragedy that occurred on those gorgeous graffiti/art walls in LIC, Queens... I'm hoping those artists get some justice soon

Below enjoy some photos I took of and with some of my favorite pieces. Check out the Bushwick Art Collective website HERE to get more information on the artists and to stay up to date with details on their yearly block party! I might try to make it this year. 



Wearing: L.L.Bean sweater, H&M jeans, Under Armour sneakers, Banana Republic coat, Coach Purse. 


I was trying to figure out what's going on with the piece above. I can't really tell but I'm oddly attracted to it. Gorgeous damsel becomes a she-wolf at night and life, color, and raw emotions radiate through her...? That's what it says to me. 



Boop!


New Headshot?





You Better Work!






Hey Broski!


At some point, we walked from Bushwick to McCarren Park. After that, we finally took the train back to Queens. You could say it was about a 3-hour journey with stops and all. 


Wonder where we'll walk to next... 

Cheers! 

Xo Nubia Xo 

You May Also Like

0 comments