5 Products To Help Kick-Start Your New Year! Happy 2018!

by - 11:54 PM



Hey Nubians, 

Happy New Year! I know it's probably all in our head, but there's something so refreshing about a New Year. It seems everyone is totally over and making fun of the whole "New Year, New Me!" cliche but who cares! Don't let anyone discourage you. If today is the day you decide to improve any tiny part of your life... well, cheers to you. 

I always try to take a minute and brainstorm on what I could improve that will get me closer to my long-term goals. I look at the New Year as a reminder to check myself and make sure I'm on track. I also use it as an excuse to update certain products :) Below you'll find a mighty nifty recommendation list on a few items that I truly believe will help kick-start your new year. 

1) A GOOD PLANNER

In a world that has been overwhelmed by technology, I LOVE to write stuff down. I'm still a bit unorganized sometimes and I don't know where I would be without my list and some planning. I've been looking for planners and bumped into these 2 on Amazon I thought were pretty cool. 

Deluxe Law of Attraction Life Planner - 2018 planner to Increase Productivity & Happiness.


This planner would make an AMAZING gift. First off, just looking at it makes me happy. It's very visually appealing. Secondly, I'm all for affirmation. I love all the different ways it inspires you and helps you get organized. Its purpose is to increase your productivity while helping you become a better person along the way.  It contains an out foldable vision board & morning and evening powers questions along with so much more. Check it out HERE





2018 Colorist Day Planner
For anyone who wants to get their creative juices flowing, I thought this was a pretty nice coloring book planner. My brother picked one of these out for me last year and it's a lot of fun. It has a nice amount of room for writing as well and doodling. I recommend it. 





2) An Inspirational Coffee or Tea Mug.

Coffee and Tea is something a large percentage of the world has every morning. Why not look at something positive while we're drinking it?! I always use cute mugs when I'm at home or when I used to work in an office. Etsy and Amazon are great places to look. Here are 2 that I found which I thought were adorable. 



Find it at TheGiftedMug.


You guys know I love my comicbook babes. Wonder Woman is a powerful source of inspiration to both men and women. Find this mug at Bed Bath & Beyond

3) Aromatherapy With A Candle.

Ok, so you guys may think I'm being biased with this ha, ha, BUT at the end of 2017 I started a candle company with my best friend called YES YOU CAN . DLEYES YOU CAN.DLE is an Aromatherapy with the power of positive thinking candle company that wants you to remember you can do anything you put your mind to. We fell in love with making them. Our aromatherapy collection is made of 100% soy wax, therapeutic grade essential oils and an Eco-Cotton wick. Essential oils are a gift from plants and the earth that are known to have many healing properties & the power to uplift your mood. Every candle you purchase comes with an affirmation on the label to deliver a positive affirmation in every household it sits in. If you purchase online, it also comes with a complimentary #YYCPayItForward bracelet for you to gift to a friend or stranger who you think may need a little extra light in their life.

Lastly, all of the candles are skin safe and double as MASSAGE OIL AND MOISTURIZERS. It's true! They smell Delish. I would recommend REVIVE to kick off your new year. It's our best seller and is meant to up uplift and give you energy with notes of Lemongrass, Rosemary & Eucalyptus.



REVIVE label reads : 

"Everyday is a chance to start anew. No problem is too big. YES YOU CAN revive. This invigorating candle with notes of lemongrass & eucalyptus is exactly what you need to boost your energy. 

Life is full of surprises. Believe in yourself. Be Kind. Spread peace and love to others. And remember, YES YOU CAN do anything you put your mind to."



Visit the YES YOU CAN . DLE website to shop and learn more about our mission.

4) A Portable Battery.

I can't count the times I've been out with my friends and all of our phones are dying! Seriously, it's annoying and terrible and sometimes we actually need our phones for important things like travel and not just to check our Instagram. 

The annoying thing about Power Banks is you always wonder which ones REALLY work. 2 of my friends have a Cheero Power bank and I like them very much. They're very cute and affordable and could charge your phone fully over 3 times. They're so worth it! I can't get over their adorable designs too. Cute tech has always been a weakness of mine. I love their face! These are life savers during conventions & travel. You can also use it to charge your tablets & more.

Find the Cheero Power Bank HERE




5) A Thermos.

Ok, I know I said inspirational cup BUT you can use a thermos for stuff like soup as well and it's freezing in New York! I love this particular thermos by TAKEYA. Did you know I spent $7.00 on a medium coffee this morning? It's kind of ridiculous. If you guys get used to carrying coffee or tea in a big thermos to pour throughout the day, you would save SO MUCH MONEY! It's insane. They do their job at keeping something cold or hot for quite a few hours too. I used to spend so much money on coffee. I still spend more than I should till this day. One of my goals is to use a Thermos a lot more this year. It's Eco-Friendly and they even make a cute accessory. My brother Dean gifted me this exact one for Christmas because I always complemented his. He carries soup in it from time to time because he works in the cold a lot and the soup is always so warm. They work very well. He got mine in purple because it's my favorite color. 






Find this TAKEYA thermos HERE

I hope you found this list helpful. There are a lot of other items that almost made it on. Things to help you prepare breakfast in the morning, a new yoga mat, a gym membership, etc. There's really a lot of things you can purchase or get into to kick-start your year. The ones on this list are just some of my favorites. 

Wishing you all a beautiful start to your year! Happy 2018.

Xo Nubia Xo 

You May Also Like

0 comments