Fashionable, Stylish, Geeky Goodness For Everyday Wear!

by - 3:26 PM



Hey Nubians, 

One thing I love about conventions, is the ability to take every thing in at once. You get to discover new artists, fashion, writers and creators in general because everything is next to each other in a huge space. While I was at New York Comic Con this year I bumped into a few cool tables and discovered some awesome, geek inspired fashionable items. Not only for comicbook lovers, but for devoted book readers and gamers too. 




Out Of Print clothing is a fun brand that has tees featuring some of your favorite, classic, novels. They also have funky socks, mugs, pins, & more. The tees are printed carefully as an homage to the original titles. They have a great mission statement too, each purchase you make helps fund literacy programs and book donations to communities in need. Style for a good cause? You know I'm always on board for that. In addition, I love to curl up and read a good book anytime. I adore writing. They have a few titles I grew up with such as The Hungry Caterpillar, I think it's close to being my favorite kids book ever. 














I went on their website which you can visit HERE, and was completely smitten with these matchbook sets. They're the cutest thing ever and would look great on my desk next to my candles. 







SIRES EYEWEAR offers a nice variety of comicbook and pop culture inspired glasses frames. Glasses with a bit of sass perfect for 'nerd culture'. They also have a their regular collection of course. Their website is full of goodies. A fun fact for you to know is they are one of only a handful of eyewear makers left in North America! Crazy right? You have to appreciate brands that try to keep a lost craft alive. From the X-Men, Thor, Batman, The Walking Dead, Harry Potter & more, you're bound to find something you love. If you're in need of some new frames soon, I would totally recommend setting up a consultation with them. 




Stunning detail.








UNIQLO

I know what you may be thinking, there's nothing new about UNIQLO, that is true... however, they had such an amazing variety of tees with great graphics at New York Comic Con. Some of the tees were exclusives for NYCC too. You can still find most of the tees on their website right now: Marvel, Nintendo, Star Wars, &  even better, most of them are on sale ranging from $5.90 - $9.90. Most collaborations were made with different artists which is why the graphics are delightful to look at, they're not so 'stiff' I suppose for lack of a better word.

















I had as much fun roaming through so many booths as a kid lost at a toy shop. I'll keep you posted on more goodies I bump into throughout the city. 

Cheers! 

Xo Nubia Xo 

You May Also Like

0 comments