Liberty City Anime Con 2017 Cosplay.

by - 10:49 PM


This past weekend I attended the Liberty City Anime Con with my brother and had a nice & interesting time. I walked the halls full of colorful wigs and DIY costumes with all sorts of props and contraptions and stopped every-so-often to take some cosplay photos of some of my favorite looks from the convention. They weren't all anime, I spotted some comicbook and video game characters as well. To be honest, I only dabble in Anime and I'm way more of a comicbook and comic con person because it's what I grew up with. However, I was intrigued when I heard about this con and I figured why not attend and open up to something new? I was impressed with the dedication these anime buffs have and understand why they have such a love for the genre. I've watched a few anime films before such as Princess Mononoke,  Kiki's Delivery Service and other Hayao Miyazaki titles. I also recommend the super trippy Cat Soup anime film directed by Tatsuo Satō and inspired by the work of manga artist Nekojiru for anyone who wants to feel confused and be amazed at the same time . I've read a few manga titles. I think my first ever may have been Socrates in Love by Kyoichi Katayama in the early 2000's. 


There was a bunch of well crafted cosplay looks on the floor from series such as Dragon Ball Z, Tokyo Ghoul, Teen Titans, Naruto, a very impressive Straw Hat Pirates crew, Homestuck trolls, Black Butler, Di Gi Charat, A variety of maids, Harajuku and Gothic Lolita looks & much, much more. You always have to remember all the time that goes into hair, makeup, patterns, props, shopping partnerships and more when putting together a cosplay look... it's serious stuff and takes patience. 

I attended a few panels during the weekend, saw a lot of cool and down to earth voice actors that gave great advice, checked out some vendors & saw a few live bands and got to rock out to some pretty cool music from rock to jazz. There are so many talented people at these conventions. 

I myself didn't cosplay like I usually do for New York Comic Con because this was sort of last minute, but I did make myself this headband with a few retro toys I found the night before. I'll be posting about that later.


(My brother Dean and I being silly after a panel) 

I would recommend the Liberty City Anime Con to any Anime lover. The president Ryan L Kopf has made it a covetable place to be for Anime fans. The crowd was not small but not too overwhelming either. It was a good vibe and the type of place where you can really connect with artists and actors and actually talk to them and ask them questions. Most panelist were very open to talking to their fans and I found that refreshing after attending so many huge conventions where people don't really have a chance to do that. I'm sure you'll make a few friends with common interest while you're there too. The schedule is pretty solid for the most part... there might have been one or two things cancelled but nothing too crazy. 

Enjoy the photos below. The Liberty City Anime Con will be back next year! Make sure you check them out for more information HERE


























Xo Nubia Xo 

You May Also Like

0 comments