Beauty & Feelings - Art By Pierre Schmidt (dromsjel).

by - 10:09 PM

Hey Nubians,

Colors, like features, follow the changes of the emotions. -Pablo Picasso

I love randomly bumping into talented people on Instagram. I constantly find inspiring fashion, makeup, hair, yoga, art and more. This week, I was taken by the work an artist called Pierre Schmidt, also known as dromsjel.


Have you ever wondered what you would look like if your feelings were visual? Literally shown on your face?

What if instead of feeling something in your chest, your heart, mind or your stomach people could actually see it on you? In the form of shapes, colors, and objects? That's what I think about when I see Pierre Schmidt's work. I feel like it's visual emotions, dripping down your face and just oozing there for as long as that emotion last. A little warped... sometimes your feelings might connect with someones else... You might interpret this differently than I do, but I very much enjoyed studying all of these pieces carefully and how they made me feel. I found myself starring at them for quite long and maybe even discovering new things about myself.

Everything person and thing around us makes us feel something. 

Kudos to Pierre Schmidt on his fabulous work!

"Pierre Schmidt, also known as „drømsjel“, was born in 1987 in a small city near Cologne. Holding an apprenticeship at an advertising agency here from 2009 to 2011 before moving to Berlin, where he has lived and worked ever since. drømsjel's artworks float freely between illustration and collage, traditional and digital. The artist splices vintage photographs of well-groomed ladies and gentlemen that evoke the standards of 20th-century propriety, turning them into bastions of surreal visions." 

Did You See The Words?


 Daily Inspiration


Two Faces


 Strange Magic

 Der Bau

 How To Disappear Completely

 Relations in the Unseen

Secret Garden

Stop by Pierre Schmidt's website HERE and follow him on instagram HERE. 

 

Cheers! 



Xo Nubia Xo



Follow the Nubia Network for more of what I'm up to. Instagram/Twitter/Youtube/Facebook

You May Also Like

0 comments