Denim Diva Style & Random Facts About Jeans.
"I wish I could invent something like blue jeans. Something to be remembered for." -Andy Warhol
Wearing Levi jeans, Old Navy jean jacket, Ash Sneaker Wedges, H&M alien beanie.
I love Jeans! Remember when everyone was all over the double denim trend about a year or 2 ago? I still love it! I think one of my favorite denim brands is probably Levi Strauss & Co, they're such a good pair of timeless jeans.
Below I shall entertain you with some fun and random facts about jeans.
- The very first jean was the indigo color because it hid dirt better than lighter colors. It's still the preferred color amongst people.
- Orange thread that Levi Strauss & co. uses for stitching of their jeans is trademarked.
- Blue jeans were banned in public places in the 50s such as theaters, restaurants and schools. They were seen as a form of rebellion.
- Statistically, every American owns, on average, 7 pairs of blue jeans.
- One bale of cotton can be used to produce 225 pairs of denim jeans.
- About 450 million jeans are sold in U.S.A alone each year.
- Iconic movies such as Rebel without a Cause and The Wild One first made jeans popular with teenagers, a demographic that was only starting to emerge as a distinct group in the 1950.
You are next! I have a think for aliens ha ha.
How do you feel about denim? How many times a week would you say you put on a good pair of jeans? I actually have to go shopping for some soon.
Xo Nubia Xo