Melanie Martinez "Pity Party".

by - 3:04 AM

Hey Nubians,

Have you guys seen the latest Melanie Martinez music video "Pity Party"?


I love her music and her fun fashion sense, which I sort of think is a reflection of what she shows in her music. Her style is cute as is she, but it's also manages to have a dark, sexy and mysterious flair. It's almost like she's a sweet little twisted Alice in Wonderland in the most fabulous way. She styles herself like a life size doll sometimes with a little retro/vintage touch. You'll always catch her wearing charming dresses with pleats, peter pan collars, ruffles, lace, pink, and more. Plus I'm totally digging the half and half hair she's always been rocking even since I saw her in The Voice. She's consistently changing colors from purple, blonde, blue and more. She's super fun and her music is raw and authentic. Melanie Martinez has won me over and I think she's a great example for girls and young women to be themselves.


I remember when I first started liking her a lot when she was a contestant on The Voice. Seems like ages ago and it's so nice to see her continue going strong with her music and videos. I was so happy when her song got picked up for American Horror Story and to hear of her success with "The Dollhouse EP."

Her new album "Cry Baby" arrives everywhere on August 14th. Check out the first single from the album and it's video "Pity Party". It looks like she had so much fun making it.


"Maybe it's a cruel joke on me
Whatever, whatever
Just means there's way more cake for me
Forever, forever"

This is a song a lot of people may be able to relate too. We've all given ourselves a Pity Party at one point or another.
 

Xo Nubia Xo

Follow the Nubia Network for more of what I'm up to. Instagram/Twitter/Youtube/Facebook

You May Also Like

0 comments