Gucci 60s Sci-Fi Editorial 2017 Inspired By Star Trek & More.

by - 1:10 AM


Hey Nubians,

"With Science Fiction There's Endless Possibilities" - Anna Torv

I know I'm a little late on this one but I'm completely head over heels in love with the Gucci Fall 2017 Campaign. Anyone who can make fashion fun and have us use our imagination a bit more while getting dressed in the morning has a fan in me. I'm not a big Star Trek fan which is what the editorial is highly inspired by, but I do like films such as Forbidden Planet and Creature from the Black Lagoon that have also influenced this shoot. I've also always been smitten with 1950s & 1960s fashion, glitter makeup and ravishing red lips and futuristic looking hairstyles with a touch of retro Hollywood glam. I also need the glasses in this shoot in my life, they'd make a great staple to my Fall wardrobe. 


Gucci is far from the first fashion brand to take the sci-fi route in their editorial, but they did a nice job. Editorials like this have the same impact on me conventions such as New York Comic Con do... something about costumes and taking looks to the next level with SFX and looks beyond the norm is unavoidably intriguing. How can you not be inspired? The color story is phenomenal and the makeup is art.

I've been an admirer of Gucci's play on patterns, textures and embroideries for quite some time, thus seeing all of those components mixed with something else I enjoy such as Science Fiction is a true treat! Having an intense curiosity for the unknown and having gone through many an alien phase myself makes me relish in the creativity and hard work everyone must have done to make this shoot come true and be a home run. 

Director/Photographer: Glen Luchford 
Creative Director: Alessandro Michele 
Art Director: Christopher Simmonds 
Hair: Paul Hanlon 
Makeup: Yadim Carranza

























Go out and wear something fun today. 

Cheers 

Xo Nubia Xo

You May Also Like

0 comments