Cute Retro Looks. Vintage Fun Style.

by - 12:47 PM

Hello Nubians,

I wanted to share a few photos I instagram'ed within the last few days. I adore fashion, style and looks from the 1950s and 60s. In my opinion back in those days, ladies carried themselves with so much more glamour and class. The hair was better, the dresses were prettier, waists were always cinched and petite, and there was also so much cute shoes! Think about Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, Bettie Paige, Brigitte Bardot, Lucille Ball, Marilyn Monroe and some much more! These ladies = TOTAL BETTIES.

I personally am a fan of mixing the old with the new. There are a lot of current trends that could use a sprinkle of the 1950's/60's on top to make a fun new outfit or look.

Below you'll see some photos of me in the fitting room. The photos are from a class my friend Jasmin (Vintage Vandal) taught about Retro Style and Beauty at Amberjoy's Vintage Closet, a cute shop in downtown Las Vegas. I was a model is Jasmin's class. She demonstrated a few different hairstyles on me such as pincurls, gibson rolls, victory rolls, and showed her students how to do a bumper bang using a foam foundation and much, much more. I'll keep you posted on when she does a recap on the class, it was great.



So much love for polka dots. This dress was a perfect fit. 


Fancy tight curls. 


Cute pic of my hair in foam rollers.



Love a nice polo shirt with a ravishing circle skirt. The print on the skirt was beautiful. 



What's your favorite look or hairstyle from the 1950s or 60s? 


Xo Nubia Xo

Follow the Nubia Network on your right hand side, Thank you!

You May Also Like

0 comments