Glam Guards

by - 3:15 PM

This weekend I went out to my friend’s birthday gathering. I was very excited to wear my Glam Guards. I had this idea in my head; I think I was channeling shin guards and ancient Egypt or a warrior/futuristic look. I had seen similar styles used in Japan.

I wanted something metallic so I went to STRETCH WORLD on W. 38th Street and feel in love with this Gold metallic stretch fabric. I purchased gold shimmer elastic and foam as well. I sat down with the designer of gla.MAR.ous clothing Mary Beirne and we sketched this concept I had. I must admit I was nervous to see the results, when you work with someone you have to have a good connection and to make things work. But I was more than pleased with the results! She did an awesome job. I was so excited!

Various people complimented me, and I got a few that “I love your boots!” I guess because they were stirrups it made some individuals think they were attached to my shoes. Seeing the actual product made me think of more detailed things for the future. I hope you all like them as much as I do.
Inspiration



Glam Guards



You May Also Like

1 comments